prep time: 5 MINS
cook time: 15 MINS
total time: 20 MINS
Smoked salmon pasta is a creamy pasta recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It’s made with staple ingredients and there are many options for substitutions so you can make this pasta with what you have on hand. In just 20 minutes you can have a tasty and cozy dinner on the table.
WHAT KIND OF SMOKED SALMON TO USE
There are two kinds of smoked salmon. Lox, which is cold smoked or cured salmon. And hot or BBQ smoked salmon, which is what we prefer in this recipe. You can see a picture of it above. The flavor is ideal for smoked salmon pasta.
You’ll find it sold in the fresh seafood department. It goes by the names Hot Smoked Salmon, BBQ Salmon Tips, or BBQ Chum.
It also freezes very well so pick up extra to have some on hand the next time you get a smoked salmon pasta craving.
- 10 ounces pasta, gluten-free if needed (we like linguine but any pasta will work)
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, see notes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, cut in half if large
- ⅔ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- A pinch of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried